[oe] Getting patches committed

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Fri Jan 22 16:15:52 UTC 2010

Rolf Leggewie <no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de> [2010-01-22 15:53:06]:

> Petr Štetiar wrote:
> > What's wrong with public Git hostings?
>
> Nothing.  In fact, it would be preferred for various reasons.  But I
> haven't yet found anything that works the way I was envisioning this to
> work.  The mob branch concept of repo.or.cz comes close.  But it's just
> one branch, I'd prefer to have several.

Well, I meant, that everyone without r/w to OE would create his own account on
preffered Git hosting and there his own OE fork. He'll just send pull request
to mailing list with URL to repository or branch on his own box or somewhere
on public Git hosting, let the contributor decide. This way you don't need to
maintain anything, you'll just cherry-pick what you like or understand from
those branches.

Well, to not overload those public hostings it would be nice/necessary to
mirror OE repo on few of them so the contributors can just fork it, which is
always cheaper and preffered way I think.

-- ynezz