[oe] Difficulties building java

Mark Butsch mbutsch at syntech-fuelmaster.com
Fri Jan 22 20:37:16 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am trying to build java under OE and I am having some difficulties. I have used the wiki page to get me as far as I am, but I am stuck.

I have an x86 64-bit build machine, using the Angstrom distro, my target is generic i686.

>From the wiki, I am have the following in my conf/machine file:

-----
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/java-initial = "cacao-initial"
PREFFERED_VERSION_cacao-initial = "0.98"

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/java-native = "cacao-native"
PREFFERED_VERSION_cacao-native = "0.99.3"

#PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/javac-native = "ecj-bootstrap-native"
# I switched to openjdk because I encountered errors with ecj-bootstrap
#
PREFFERED_VERSION_libecj-bootstrap = "3.4"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/javac-native = "openjdk-javac-native"

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_classpath = "classpath"
PREFFERED_VERSION_classpath-initial = "0.93"
PREFFERED_VERSION_classpath-native = "0.97.2"

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_swt3.4-gtk = "swt3.4-gtk"

PREFFERED_VERSION_cacao= "0.99.4"
PREFFERED_VERSION_classpath= "0.98"
-----

The error I am stuck at currently is:

ERROR: Build of /home/oe/openembedded/recipes/classpath/classpath_0.98.bb do_configure failed

>From the log.do_configure file:

checking if ecj -warn:-deprecation,serial,unusedImport works... yes
checking if java works... configure: error: The Java compiler ecj -warn:-deprecation,serial,unusedIm
port failed (see config.log, check the CLASSPATH?)
FATAL: oe_runconf failed

Mark