[oe] New state for patches not complying with commit policy (was: Patchwork Workflow improvement)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 23 12:19:02 UTC 2010

Am Samstag, den 23.01.2010, 11:42 +0100 schrieb Koen Kooi:
> On 23-01-10 09:43, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> > right now I'm writing a Qt 4.6 based application that might help us
> a bit with
> > the patchwork queue.
> >
> > The idea of the script is to have two things at the end:
> >       1.) a branch with all the patches that applied and that can be published
> >       2.) a list of patches that don't apply.
> >

> > What people are supposed to:
> >
> > 1.) Cherry pick from the branch
> > 2.) Send updated patches, close the reports on patchwork...
>
> I think people that apply those patches to oe.dev should fix up the
> commit message as well. The stack Khem pushed this week is just
> awfull.
>
> I guess we should flag patches with bad commit messages as 'rejected' in
> pw ASAP. We can weed out most of them by reject anything that lacks a
> ':' in the subject line.

I am just getting into Patchwork [1][2], so I am sorry if I miss the
obvious.

If it is possible, I suggest to add a new state (»Rejected – Commit
Policy«) for patches not complying with the commit policy [3]?

As a bonus an automatically answer is sent to the message with the patch
to the list with the following content, which is just a draft/suggestion
of course.

        Dear patch author,

        thank you for your patch. Unfortunately we had to reject it
        because it does not comply with our commit policy [3].

        It would be great if you could resend your patch with this issue
        fixed so that we can review and commit it as soon as possible.

        Thank you,

        OpenEmbedded people

Is there a way to automate this?

Thanks,