[oe] packaged staging fails in do_deploy for kernel

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 13:13:03 UTC 2010

> I set the DEPLOY_DIR_PSTAGE to outside tmp. (packaged-staging is
> already inherited by default in Angstrom).
Then you incurr in that infamous issue:
http://blog.denix.org/2008/09/getting-even-more-dangerous-with-pstage.html

> Not really an idea how to fix this. Any expert with an opinion?
See above link.

>  * Package staging-strace-armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi version
> 4.5.14-r9 has no architecture specified, defaulting to i686-linux.
> which also seem odd to me.
Yes, this leads to subsequent failures during rebuild from pstage.
See e.g. udev and machine-specific staging-packages have wrong arch too.

> That is where I gave up. Suggestions are welcome!
The good news are that RP, kergoth and Tartarus are aware of the issue :)
Still, it seems this is a low-priority task...

Regards

Andrea