[oe] Patchwork Workflow improvement

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 23 14:53:05 UTC 2010

Dear Holger,

Am Samstag, den 23.01.2010, 10:56 +0100 schrieb Holger Hans Peter Freyther:
> On Saturday 23 January 2010 09:43:24 Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

[…]

> I have pushed "holger/staging-branch" to the server. It does contain all
> patches from patchwork that are still applying. Please go through the branch
> and cherry-pick or follow up on the emails..

if I understood correctly you mean with »patches from patchwork that are
still applying« that the mbox file can be applied with `git am` as
`pw-am.sh` does [1].

That requires that all patches are submitted using `git send-email`,
which has been suggested lately on this list by several people, or that
everyone uses a MUA which provides easy handling of mbox files created
by `git format-patch`. Is that correct?

I will start a separate thread regarding `git send-email`.

> I also have a new version of the
> program I use attached... I will probably switch it to use pwclient in the
> future.

Thank you for your effort and bringing up `pwclient`. It is so sad, that
there exists a lot of tools and stuff one does not know about which
could safe work and time for oneself. I wonder why others projects did
not face the same problems yet. Probably every project or developers
wrote her/his own scripts (as OE did with `pw-am.sh`) and everyone
reinvents the wheel.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Patchwork