[oe] Patchwork Workflow improvement

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger+oe at freyther.de
Sat Jan 23 16:46:01 UTC 2010

On Saturday 23 January 2010 15:53:05 Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear Holger,

> > I also have a new version of the
> > program I use attached... I will probably switch it to use pwclient in
> > the future.
>
> Thank you for your effort and bringing up `pwclient`. It is so sad, that
> there exists a lot of tools and stuff one does not know about which
> could safe work and time for oneself. I wonder why others projects did
> not face the same problems yet. Probably every project or developers
> wrote her/his own scripts (as OE did with `pw-am.sh`) and everyone
> reinvents the wheel.

Well, I remembered that pwclient exists, so I went to the patchwork website at
ozlabs.org but I could not find any reference to the tools (or the XML RPC
API). It was just a matter that writing my version was faster than the time I
would have to spent searching... :(.

I will probably give up on my version and now look into pw-am.sh.