[oe] python-lang causing Alignment trap and Segfault

Josh Kropf josh at slashdev.ca
Sat Jan 23 19:45:01 UTC 2010

I've compiled an image for my mini2440 board (armv4t) from the
stable/2009 branch in git using angstrom distribution.

One of the python packages I need depends on python-lang but I'm finding
that python segfaults when python-lang is installed.  The kernel logs
the following before the segfault:

Alignment trap: python (2303) PC=0x403f007c Instr=0x28001c05
Address=0xffffffff FSR 0x813

Removing python-lang package makes python work again.

Just wondering if anyone has run into this problem or has some pointers
on debugging this.

Thanks,
- Josh