[oe] Official policy to list checksums

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 11:08:48 UTC 2010

> With checksums.ini it's a matter of:
>
> either
>
> cat /OE/tmp/checksums.ini >> conf/checksums.ini ; python
> contrib/source-checker/oe-checksum-sorter -i conf/checksums.ini

What I do is have a local script in my openebedded dir which just does:

#!/bin/bash
git checkout conf/checksums.ini ; cat ../tmp/checksums.ini
conf/checksums.ini >tmp_sums
python contrib/source-checker/oe-checksums-sorter.py tmp_sums
>conf/checksums.ini
rm tmp_sums

after that when adding if the # of lines added is different from what
I expect (typically I expect 4 for one new entry) I verify while
adding.

Pretty straightforward.
Actually maybe I should even extend the script by doing a git pull
--rebase first and invoke git add -i after that (because typically I
add the checksum when I want to commit a new recipe).

Frans