[oe] Useful Git hooks for ensuring code quality. (was: Patchwork Workflow improvement)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 24 13:00:29 UTC 2010

Am Sonntag, den 24.01.2010, 01:28 +0100 schrieb Rolf Leggewie:
> Khem Raj wrote:
> > I guess we could install commit hooks similar
>
> [x] show code

I mentioned this too in my other (rather long) mail »[oe] [RFC]
Perfect(?) workflow for patches.« [1].

I hope I will find some time to code something up. But here are some
links.

I copy the links from [1] into this message. Unfortunately I could not
find the hooks uclibc is using.

Besides in `git help hooks`, Git hooks are covered very well in the Pro
Git book section 7.3 [2]. There is a pretty good blog post regarding
this issue [3] too.

1. Examples in the Pro Git book from section 7.4.
http://progit.org/book/ch7-4.html

2. Git hooks used by arora project (also referred to in [3]):
http://github.com/Arora/arora/tree/master/git_hooks/

3. Script which can be hooked up to automatically change state in
Patchwork (for Subversion/SVN though):
http://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/patchwork/attachments/20091006/13e2340a/attachment.asc

4. Examples in the Git project
http://git.kernel.org/?p=git/git.git;a=tree;f=contrib/hooks

I suggest to also create a directory `contrib/hooks` where we should
save tested hooks to share them.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2010-January/016715.html