[oe] Build failure module-init-tools-cross_3.2.2.bb on Fedora 12 x86_64

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Sun Jan 24 18:46:45 UTC 2010

Hi Robert,

On Jan 24, 2010, at 8:46 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>  what branch are you working from that has that as a target?  i have
> no such task on the OE dev branch.

Its 1.8. Here is the command fragment that I used, once again.

$ git clone git://git.openembedded.org/bitbake.git
$ cd bitbake
$ git checkout -b 1.8 --track origin/1.8
$ cd ..

After I installed glibc-static, the build errors went away and I was able to do a full build of the omap3-console-image.

I'm now going to time a fresh build to see just how much performance speed up I get over my previous 32-bit Fedora 10 image. Will post the results shortly.

Best regards,

Elvis