[oe] Official policy to list checksums

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Mon Jan 25 08:43:40 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 09:19:07AM +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
> >> * it has no tools to autogenerate it
> >
> > Give me few minutes - I'll send something to address this point.

Do you have any feedback on the patch I sent? Does it make things any better?

> >> * has not been agreed on in any way.
> >
> > Actually, specifying checksums in corresponding recipes was agreed on during
> > the OEDEM in November. Using additional variable flags in base.bbclass was
> > added by Phil, since bitbake cannot handle SHA256 sums in SRC_URI. Although,
> > Richard mentioned he'd like to get it implemented in bitbake at some point:
> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.bitbake.devel/1089/focus=1115
>
> Ah yes, stuff agreed at OEDEM, I see. I also remember that nearly
> everything that was 'agreed' there got dis-agreed on the mailinglist here.
> And I also remember that I said that to be consistent sane-srcrevs
> should cease to exist as well :)

This way we won't get anywhere... :) I thought (maybe I'm wrong) everybody
agrees at least with the fact that central checksums.ini is not the best
approach. Keeping checksums in the metadata inside SRC_URI seemed like a
viable solution. Are there any fundamental flaws with this method, besides
lacking some tools?
BTW, I agree with you on the sane-srcrevs topic, if it's any consolation... :)

--
Denys