[oe] Difficulties building java

Mark Butsch mbutsch at syntech-fuelmaster.com
Wed Jan 27 21:49:13 UTC 2010

Paul Menzel wrote on Friday, January 22, 2010 4:47 PM

> To: openembedded-devel at lists.openembedded.org
> Subject: Re: [oe] Difficulties building java
>
> Dear Mark,
>

> Am Freitag, den 22.01.2010, 15:37 -0500 schrieb Mark Butsch:
>
> […]
>
> > The error I am stuck at currently is:
> >
> > ERROR: Build of
> > /home/oe/openembedded/recipes/classpath/classpath_0.98.bb do_configure
> > failed
> >
> > >From the log.do_configure file:
> >
> > checking if ecj -warn:-deprecation,serial,unusedImport works... yes
> > checking if java works... configure: error: The Java compiler ecj
> > -warn:-deprecation,serial,unusedIm
> > port failed (see config.log, check the CLASSPATH?)
> > FATAL: oe_runconf failed
>
> I have no idea, but can find this mentioned `config.log` and look if anything interesting is in there?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Paul

The message:

	"configure: error: The Java compiler ecj -warn:-deprecation,serial,unusedImport
	failed (see config.log, check the CLASSPATH?"

came from the log.do_configure file which I believe is what the "see config.log" is
referring to.

I forgot to mention that I am using "stable/2009" branch.

I have been trying different combinations of PREFERRED_PROVIDERS and VERSIONS with no success.

I searched my openembedded email archive and found someone had a similar error back in June of 2009,
But there was no solution posted.

I also found a wiki article that described using the Jalimo-Overlay to build OpenJDK, but I haven't had any
Success with it either.

Is the Jalimo-Overlay required to build Java in OE or only in certain cases?

Still confused,

Mark