[oe] Python 2.6.4 and cython 0.12 - please test/ack

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 22:51:21 UTC 2010

Hi,

with last issues with python bindings for E libs I tired newer python and cython.
E libs issue was found somewhere else, so it wasn't old python/cython fault, but
as I already have those upgrades, here it is:

All older patches apply cleanly, no new breakage found with build test,
few python apps tested on arm4t, but cannot test them all properly myself,
please try it and report possible findings.

If nothing found in a week, can I push it?

Tested on build from scratch of shr-image (om-gta02) + building task-python-everything.

Few formal fixes already pushed now there is failing:

ERROR: '/home/projects/OE/dev/recipes/fam/fam_2.7.0.bb' failed
http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/packages/447591/ - missing iostream.h - not python related

ERROR: '/home/projects/OE/dev/recipes/python/python-epsilon_svn.bb' failed
http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/packages/447594/ - this is new with newer cython
  - but epsilon is deprecated by emthumb and not supported by E devs

ERROR: '/home/projects/OE/dev/recipes/python/python-pyqt_4.4.3.bb' failed
http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/packages/447592/ - doesn't look like new python fault

ERROR: '/home/projects/OE/dev/recipes/dtnrg/dtn_2.5.0.bb' failed
http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/packages/447595/ - gcc-4.4 needs patch