[oe] Fwd: Problems with building minimial-image for AVR32

clemens novak clenovak at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 15:51:24 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I'm fairly new to Openembedded, and try to build a system for the
Atmel NGW100. I proceeded according to the getting started guide
(obtaining bitbake and checking out openembedded). My local.conf sets
DL_DIR, BBFILES,
MACHINE = "atngw100"
TARGET_OS = "linux-uclibc"
DISTRO = "angstrom-2008.1"
ANGSTROM_MODE = "uclibc"
ANGSTROMLIBC = "uclibc"

and then I try to start bitbake minimal-image. Bitbake runs for a
while, but then it fails with
Running task 533 of 886 (ID: 166,
/home/cnovak/OE_ATNGW100/openembedded/recipes/dropbear/dropbear_0.51.bb,
do_configure)
ERROR: function do_configure failed
| checking for deflate in -lz... no
| configure: error: *** zlib missing - install first or check config.log ***
| FATAL: oe_runconf failed

appearantly zlib is missing :-) but I don't understand this, as in
dropbear.inc (which gets included by dropbear_0.51.bb) there is a line
DEPENDS = "zlib".

What am I doing wrong here and can anybody help me out with this?
Thanks a lot - Regards,

Clemens