[oe] [RFC} Disable multilib in gcc recipes

Roman I Khimov khimov at altell.ru
Thu Jul 1 08:04:19 UTC 2010

В сообщении от Четверг 01 июля 2010 11:14:26 автор Khem Raj написал:
> I would like to propose to remove building multilib with gcc recipes.
> It creates problems
> and we do not package correct bits on some platforms. As we tend to
> build toolchains keeping in mind the machine it is targetting I think
> multilib is not that significant

One of the things I've thought of when working on amd64 multilib series. IMO
it makes sense to make "--disable-multilib" a default and then only enable it
for "multilib" override. I've just couldn't accurately estimate the potential
impact for other platforms to propose it.

BTW, I plan to revive it and bring into oe.dev, we're regulary doing multilib
amd64 builds there.