[oe] java staging problem

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Thu Jul 1 10:55:00 UTC 2010

Hello.

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 12:03, Koen Kooi wrote:

> I'm attempting to build openjdk using the jalimo overlay and I found a
> problem with the staging dirs:
>
> /OE/angstrom-dev/sysroots/java <- contains a few jars e.g. xalan2.jar
> /OE/angstrom-dev/sysroot/x86_64-linux/usr/share/java <- contains other
> jars, e.g. serializer.jar
>
> The openjdk configure tells the buildsystem that both xalan2.jar and
> serializer.jar are in /OE/angstrom-dev/sysroots/java when only
> xalan2.jar is.
>
> I vaguely remember the buglabs people talking about that and their
> local.conf mangles some JAVA vars.

That is what we have in our local.conf:

# Stage JAR files not into ARCH related dirs
STAGING_DIR_JAVA = "${STAGING_DIR}/java"
STAGING_DATADIR_JAVA ?= ${STAGING_DIR_JAVA}

Full local.conf can be found here:
http://svn.buglabs.net/svn/!source/11343/bug/trunk/com.buglabs.build.oe/build/conf/local.conf

> How should we solve this in OE properly?

That is a good question. So far I have mostly avoided the java building and left
the honor to tarrent.

Our build setup is a bit fragile right now as javac segfault sometimes during
building and we don't know why. Another out of memory bug should be fixed by
Henning again.

Right now I would be happy to have a reliable build and then work towards
getting it mor sane and bring it into OE. Thats blocking me a bit here from
further upstream work, but we will get behind it.

regards
Stefan Schmidt