[oe] TSC Meetings for the meeting of June

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Thu Jul 1 17:59:13 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 03:43:02PM +0200, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> 2010/7/1 Graeme Gregory <dp at xora.org.uk>:

> > because it is old is not acceptable to me. Removing a recipe because
> > its discovered old versions are broken and no DISTRO is interested in
> > that old version is perfectly acceptable (as long as a strong
> > maintainer is kept in the loop if exists).

> Personally I feel that if we want to focus on quality we better remove
> the versions no one is interested in and focus our efforts, limited as
> they are, on the remaining recipes.

You guys appear to be agreeing furiously here - both of you are saying
that old recipies that are causing hassle and nobody is interested in
should be removed.  The fact that there's all these global changes
supposed to be going on at the minute means the situation with things
getting broken is rather different to what it would be in the normal
course of affairs.