[oe] invalid removal of rpath from native binaries during installation or staging

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Thu Jul 1 23:19:56 UTC 2010

Tom Rini wrote:

> Can you use readelf -d on your perl?  The whole point of the relative
> path calculation that relocatable.bbclass does is to fix the hard cases
> like perl.   Thanks!

I found the problem:

The runtime expansion of $ORIGIN works only if /proc is mounted!

My build environment is a minimal openSUSE 11.2 x86_64 subset inside
chroot with no /proc, /sys, and /dev with null zero and few other static
items.

Not having /proc is an advantage in most cases (cross configure cannot
check host system), but breaks in this case.

Maybe it would be nice to allow to configure to not inherit relocatable
in native.bbclass for people who don't want to mount /proc.