[oe] Cross compile badness - /usr/include in /usr/include

Chris Tapp dokuwiki at keylevel.com
Sun Jul 4 11:37:11 UTC 2010

I sometimes get "Cross compile badness - /usr/include in /usr/
include", most recently when trying to build libsdl-ttf.

I finally tracked down that the cause was having part of the SDL
development environment installed on the build host, leading to me
having a /usr/include/SDL directory.

Uninstalling this package from the host allowed the build to work.

1) Is this a 'known issue' with building?
2) Is there any way I can guard against it? I do now have a clue to
what it means, but the cause may not always be so obvious.
3) Can I modify the .bb files to prevent this?

Is it possible to 'chroot' (or so such) so that the likes of /usr are
constrained to the build environment?

Chris