[oe] OpenLDAP 2.4.21. doesn't create packages

Bill Sargent butters at station51.net
Sun Jul 4 13:55:17 UTC 2010

On 7/1/2010 8:48 PM, Bill Sargent wrote:
>  Hello,
>
> I'm trying to add the openldap 2.4.21 recipe to my bootable image, and
> it doesn't seem to be creating the packages. It installs only the libs
> and no binaries (slapd etc..) ... I looked at the recipe and it seems
> it should be creating some bin package as well as base etc... but I
> haven't seen any in my packages directories.
>
> Can someone explain to me what is wrong? Is there a problem with the
> openldap recipe?
>
> Thanks
> Bill

Well I wrote this the other day and as usual, nobody responded. I
finally got it to spit out libldap-2.40*.ipk with the slapd etc...
however, adding

libldap-2.4-slapd
and
libldap-2.4-bin

to my IMAGE_INSTALL variable doesn't seem to work. Can someone explain
to me, the correct way to install a full working openldap server and
utilities into an image?

As much documentation as there is for this, apparently we need a list of
installable packages as well since the filenames don't exactly always
mean that it's a package name thats installable.  If there is one, I've
missed it I think :)

Thanks,
Bill