[oe] OpenLDAP 2.4.21. doesn't create packages

Bill Sargent butters at station51.net
Tue Jul 6 09:51:37 UTC 2010

  On 7/5/2010 2:33 AM, Khem Raj wrote:

> well I guess you need openldap-slapd instead of libldap-2.4-slapd and
> same for other packages
>
> -Khem

No that doesn't work either.

I did however kind of get them installed by using PACKAGE_INSTALL in my
custom recipe. I specified libldap-2.4-slapd and -bin as well as all the
other libldap 2.4 backends. I don't know what the difference is in
INSTALL_IMAGE and PACKAGE_INSTALL ... I had started out by just
modifying console-image and then I used
http://docs.openembedded.org/usermanual/usermanual.html#commonuse_new_image

to create my own. What I need is an image with PHP, Apache2, LDAP and
MySQL installed. And I had everything going except LDAP. And now even
though I have the packages installed, there are no init scripts for it,
and there are no configs for any of this stuff. I just don't get it.

Bill