[oe] [RFC] GCC 4.3.1 unbuildable due to unapplyable patches - remove it then?

Graham Gower graham.gower at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 08:35:19 UTC 2010

On 7 July 2010 17:46, Robert Schuster <thebohemian at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> GCC 4.3.1 does not build for an ARM target because a patch does not fit.
> So I assume that no one is really interested in that version of GCC
> anymore and would remove it then if nobody fixes the patch situation:
>
> http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/public/logs/task/6443736.txt
>
> Regards,
> Robert

I am in favour of removing anything that has been unbuildable for a
sufficiently long period of time as to show that no one is using it.

However it looks like this breakage was introduced about 3 weeks ago.
http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/?id=65e509aeddd26a6829ee10aa21fa20d6fd3def3e

Is that long enough?

-Graham