[oe] Creating a Own Tool chain, some referenced packages are not included into the SDK archive

Hauser, Wolfgang (external) Wolfgang.Hauser.external at eads.com
Thu Jul 8 15:22:38 UTC 2010

Hello, I have found the problems of creating the toolchain meta-toolchain-qte.bb (and my derived one) !

First problem:

There is a conflict in packages "cups" and "libpam-base-files" (same file "cups" in "/etc/pam.d" was deployed by the packages) this results in a bailing out while installing the packages.

My workaround was: local modified libpam-base-files w/o file "cups" in "libpam-base-files/pam.d"
(does libpam-base-files really have to install this file and some other package dependent ones ?)

Second problem:
meta-toolchain-qte.bb contains following line in do_populate_sdk_append():

  >script = "${SDK_OUTPUT}/${SDKPATH}/environment-setup"<

this have to be changed to:

  >script="${SDK_OUTPUT}/${SDKPATH}/environment-setup"<

because the code is used as shell commands and not as python code !

The issue above results in a call of "script" with arguments "=" and "${SDK_OUTPUT}/${SDKPATH}/environment-setup".
"script" opens a "bash -i" and wait for commands. Therefore the processing blocks until this shell exits.

Is there somebody out there having commit access who will fix that second problem in org.openembedded.dev ?

regards
Wolfgang Hauser