[oe] [RFC] Badness with -ibad, a replacement for zecke-no-host-includes.patch.

Holger Freyther holger+oe at freyther.de
Thu Jul 8 15:36:47 UTC 2010

On 07/08/2010 01:39 PM, Graham Gower wrote:
> This patch introduces a new command line parameter to gcc (at
> Zecke's suggestion), -ibad, which may be used to specify
> blacklisted include prefixes. E.g.
>
> grg at eye7:/tmp$ ~/oe2/tmp/cross/mipsel/bin/mipsel-angstrom-linux-gcc -c test.c -ibad /usr/include -I /usr/include
> CROSS COMPILE Badness: /usr/include in INCLUDEPATH: /usr/include

nice! The only thing that is worrying is the question how we make sure
these bad path's are enforced.

E.g. a recipe not honoring our CPPFLAGS might silently pass this check
(while before it was hardcoded into the compiler). My proposal would be
to extend the sanity check and grep the compile log for gcc and -ibad
and fail if gcc exists but -ibad does not occur?