[oe] Patches from VCS

Detlef Vollmann dv at vollmann.ch
Mon Jul 12 10:30:48 UTC 2010

patch.bbclass contains this line (62):
url = bb.encodeurl((type, host, path, user, pswd, []))

This line removes the parms from url bevore giving
it to the fetcher to compute the localpath.

This effectivly disallows getting the patch from a version
control system (given that supports fetching single files).

So I'm curious about the reason for the above line.
The fetcher has to cope with all parms anyway in do_fetch,
so the only reason I can see is either (false) optimization
or to explicitely forbid fetching patches from a VCS.

Has anyone a problem with removing that line?

   Detlef