[oe] gettext-native dependency and attr

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 00:16:18 UTC 2010

Hi

While building from scratch I noticed that do_compile of attr failed
with below error

| make -C man2
| make[2]: Entering directory
`/scratch/oe/work/armv5te-oe-linux-uclibceabi/attr-2.4.44-r4/attr-2.4.44/po'
| /scratch/oe/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/msgfmt -o cs.mo cs.po
| make[2]: /scratch/oe/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/msgfmt: Command not found
| make[2]: *** [cs.mo] Error 127

msgfmt should come from gettext-native which is in the DEPENDS list
and it being compiled at same time.
and it has not yet been staged as can be seen

ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
ERROR: Task 1825
(/home/kraj/work/oe/openembedded/recipes/udev/attr_2.4.44.bb,
do_compile) failed with 256
Waiting for 1 active tasks to finish:
1: gettext-native-0.18-r1 do_populate_sysroot (pid 11943)

Why would do_compile of libattr start executing when a package in its
DEPENDS is still not staged in sysroot ?
I think it should wait until all the recipes in DEPENDS list are built
and staged. Ofcourse now if I restart
the build then it works fine because do_populate_sysroot finished for
gettext-native and the binary will be
found next time.

I am using .dev and bitbake from git master and
PARALLEL_MAKE="-j2"
BB_NUMBER_THREADS = "2"

Thanks
-Khem