[oe] Naming/Version conventions for git/svn recipes

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 03:52:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Andreas Mueller <schnitzeltony at gmx.de> wrote:
> I did not find this in documentation. What is the preferred convention for PV/PR. Up to now I saw:
>
> Option 1:
> PV = "1.3.8+git${SRCREV}"
> PR = "r0"

if you have select this recipe you have to specify the SRCREV which is git SHA
in the PREFERRED_VERSION which is kind of long and annoying.

> Option 2:
> PV = "1.1.0"
> PR = "${INC_PR}.0"
> PR_append = "+git${SRCREV}"

which this one you PV is 1.1.0 you can set PV to git also which means
then you can say PREFERRED_VERSION_xxx = "git"

Recipe still gets rebuilt if you bump SRCREV because of
PR_append = "+gitr${SRCPV}"