[oe] u-boot-utils badness

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Fri Jul 16 11:14:10 UTC 2010

On 07/15/2010 02:41 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> Incidentally I stumbled upon u-boot-utils.
> This recipe did not seem too good.
>
> We only have a version for 1.2.
> Guess u-boot tools do not change that much, but still it seems somewhat odd.

> How to deal with this???

Why not just leave it alone? It is entirely possible the recipe is being
used soley to generate mkimage for machines that have working u-boots
from another source.

Much better to have a u-boot recipe that generates the tools than have
everyone who just needs mkimage hacking together a different recipe to
get it.

Philip