[oe] u-boot-utils badness

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 12:14:44 UTC 2010

2010/7/16 Philip Balister <philip at balister.org>

> On 07/16/2010 07:33 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
>
>> 2010/7/16 Philip Balister<philip at balister.org>
>>
>>  On 07/15/2010 02:41 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
>>>

>>>  As you wish :-)
>>
>> Note that u-boot-tools not only provides mkimage but also things like
>> fw_env
>> Also, to further mess up things: we also have u-boot-mkimage_1.3.2.bb
>> There seems to be room for some quality improvement.
>> Oh well....
>>

> It might be worth consolidating these two recipes. But you'll need to
> figure out why they both exist.

This info is probably hidden in time. They seem to be recipes from the pre
git era.

Wrt the machines using it:
No idea why Tim added it for sheevaplug.
Guess Leon just used sheevaplug as starting point for openrd base.
Wrt openrd client: I just copied over from openrd base, but openrd client
does not need it.

(btw there is also something called u-boot-env.bb
This is apparently a dummy recipe to get u-boot env into deploy and is only
used by neuros)

Frans.