[oe] [core] initscripts and keymap

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Fri Jul 16 16:07:42 UTC 2010

hi,
in keymaps_1.0.bb:
there is:
RDEPENDS_${PN} = "initscripts console-tools"

which is an issue for the shr distribution.

shr uses initscripts-shr.

Pratically speaking it install initscripts instead of initscripts-shr in
shr-image,which result in having the /etc/init.d/devices which
is,according to mickeyl, an init script for devfs.
if this init script is present(with the corresponding rc links) it get
executed,which causes some devices nodes to lack.
which prevent sound,modem and maybe other driver from working on the
htcdream.

what's the best way to fix it?

mrmoku(which helped me) proposes(in #openmoko-cdevel):
<mrmoku> that should be fixed to be ${IMAGE_INITSCRIPTS} instead
probably
but we're not sure at all that it's the correct variable or solution.

Denis.