[oe] busybox mdev

pieterg pieterg at gmx.com
Sat Jul 17 15:40:38 UTC 2010

On Saturday 17 July 2010 17:09:28 Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
> Baking micro-base (not -image) tries to build udev for me?

Many packages (R)DEPEND on udev, it's very hard to build anything these days
without dragging in udev.

What I usually do is add

PROVIDES += "udev"
RPROVIDES_${PN}-mdev += "udev"

to the busybox recipe, and just assume that whatever all those packages
claim they need udev for, is provided by mdev as well...

And set a

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_udev = "busybox"

(I do that from the distro. People might argue this has to be an image
decision instead of a distro decision, but I prefer to set
IMAGE_DEV_MANAGER in the distro instead of the image..)

Rgds, Pieter