[oe] GPSBABLE -- fixed recipe

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Tue Jul 20 07:11:41 UTC 2010

Hello.

On Mon, 2010-07-19 at 23:59, J. L.  wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 11:51 PM, Stefan Schmidt
> <stefan at datenfreihafen.org> wrote:
> >
> > This workflow looks like more work in the beginning but it pays off for you and
> > us within the first two patches. :)
>
> I am a VERY new beginner in all of this and would love to learn how to
> do it all properly as I have found a few recipes that I want to build
> but have issues. I will figure out how to do what your saying properly
> and send in the patch.

Good to see you are motivated. :)

> Do I need to put my recipe back to the original in OE first before
> making the patch? If this is way off you can just tell me to search on
> google. Thanks for taking the time to let me know though I appreciate
> it.

Normally you would change the recipe directly in the git checkout. That is
within the folder you have created with git clone ...

You would change the recipe to match the new checksums and the run "git diff" to
see what changes you have in your local repository. If all looks good a "git
commit" would make a local commit of your changes which you then could prepare a
patch from and then it here.

The man pages for the different steps are available with "git help $COMMAND" and
there are some good tutorials out there for git questsions. But the command
given above should bring you through the first submission.

regards
Stefan Schmidt