[oe] [RFC] New stable branch (and maybe a new process?)

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Tue Jul 20 08:40:26 UTC 2010

Hello.

On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 10:09, Koen Kooi wrote:
> On 20-07-10 09:01, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> >
> > From the silence on this topic I gather that the interest to create a new branch
> > or change the process is quite low.
>
> I have an interest in a new stable branch, but no interest in changing
> the process.

Fair enough. Lets handle the issues seperately for now.

> The biggest problem is the .dev is halfway into big changes, e.g.
> halfway into new-style staging,

Agreed. While I think we are more then halfway through with this. Recipes are
left but most of the active maintained are already done. NO numbers but my
feeling here.

> halfway into packaged-staging rework, halfway into nativesdk, etc.

These both are ongoing for quite some time already. I have to admit that I lost
track where they stand and what is still outstanding.

So your suggestion is to wait until all three are done?

regards
Stefan Schmidt