[oe] legacy staging

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 16:08:57 UTC 2010

2010/7/21 Frans Meulenbroeks <fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com>

> 2010/7/21 Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I built only a small sample of packages (angstrom-gnome-image and
>> openjdk) and I get these 53 in legagy-staging.log:
>>
>> bcel/bcel_5.2.bb
>> cacao/cacaoh-native_0.99.3.bb
>> classpath/classpath-tools-native.bb
>> classpath/classpath_0.98.bb
>> cup/cup_0.10k.bb
>> dbus/dbus-glib-native_0.76.bb
>> gawk/gawk-native_3.1.4.bb
>> gdbm/gdbm-native_1.8.3.bb
>> gdbm/gdbm_1.8.3.bb
>> glib-1.2/glib-1.2-native_1.2.10.bb
>> gnome/gconf-native_2.6.1.bb
>> gnome/pyorbit_2.24.0.bb
>> gtk+/gtk+-1.2_1.2.10.bb
>> guile/guile_1.8.7.bb
>> intltool/intltool_0.40.3.bb
>> jakarta-libs/regexp_1.5.bb
>> jamvm/jamvm-initial_1.4.5.bb
>> jlex/jlex_1.2.6.bb
>> libffi/libffi-native_2.0+gcc4.3.2.bb
>> libffi/libffi_3.0.8.bb
>> libfribidi/libfribidi-native_0.10.4.bb
>> libglade/libglade_2.6.4.bb
>> libgsm/libgsm_1.0.12.bb
>> libtool/libtool-cross_2.2.6b.bb
>> libtool/libtool_2.2.6b.bb
>> llvm/llvm2.7-native_2.7.bb
>> llvm/llvm2.7_2.7.bb
>> makedevs/makedevs-native_1.0.0.bb
>> mml-widget/gtkmathview_0.8.0.bb
>> mozilla/rhino_1.7r1.bb
>> mpeg2dec/mpeg2dec_0.4.0b.bb
>> mysql/mysql5-native_5.1.40.bb
>> mysql/mysql5_5.1.40.bb
>> openjdk/openjdk-6_6b18-1.8.bb
>> openobex/openobex_1.5.bb
>> perl/libnet-dbus-perl_0.33.6.bb
>> perl/libxml-parser-perl_2.36.bb
>> perl/libxml-simple-perl_2.18.bb
>> perl/libxml-twig-perl_3.33.bb
>> perl/perl_5.8.8.bb
>> python/python-docutils-native_0.5.bb
>> python/python_2.6.4.bb
>> samba/samba_3.3.9.bb
>> squashfs-tools/squashfs-tools-native_4.0.bb
>> tcltk/tcl-native_8.4.19.bb
>> tzcode/tzcode-native_2010j.bb
>> u-boot/u-boot_git.bb
>> xalan-j/xalan-j_2.7.1.bb
>> xerces-j/xerces-j_2.9.1.bb
>> xml-commons/jaxp1.3_1.3.04.bb
>> xml-commons/xml-commons-resolver1.1_1.2.bb
>> xorg-font/font-util-native_1.1.1.bb
>> xorg-proto/calibrateproto_git.bb
>>

>> regards,
>>
>> Koen
>>

> What do you want to say with this list?
> I did a grep for do_stage and found 1119 recipes that still have a do_stage
> function.
> In my opinion all of these should be updated or removed (where for old
> recipes that are not pinned I have a strong preference for removing).
>
> Ideally in the end we should be able to remove the do_stage invocation from
> the build machinery (and if there are one or two recipes where it is
> unavoidable they could add it as a private task)
>
> I browsed the list to see if there was anything I created and/or felt
> responsible for.
> The only thing I could come up with is perl/libxml-twig-perl_3.33.bb which
> [...]
on recipes/*/*.bb
Grepping on recipes/*/*.inc results in another 141 matches

and grepping for do_stage in classes results in the following 11 matches:
classes/native.bbclass
classes/staging.bbclass
classes/java-library.bbclass
classes/cpan.bbclass
classes/srctree.bbclass
classes/canadian-native.bbclass
classes/packaged-staging.bbclass
classes/cross.bbclass
classes/autotools_stage.bbclass
classes/xlibs.bbclass
classes/canadian-cross.bbclass

Some of these are of course to invoke the do_stage function, but I guess
some of these need to be reworked (e.g. cpan, xlibs, java-library, but
probably others too)

Frans

Frans