[oe] opkg : angstrom fails console-image build

Graham Gower graham.gower at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 00:03:54 UTC 2010

On 22 July 2010 06:08, Marco Cavallini <koansoftware at gmail.com> wrote:
> Koen Kooi ha scritto, Il 21/07/2010 18:05:
>> On 21-07-10 16:31, Marco Cavallini wrote:
>>> Anybody could explain what's happening with opkg in OE recently please?
>>> I saw a patch in ML and I wonder if it will be pushed in order to solve
>>> this problem.

I assume you're referring to my cleanup patch. This patch doesn't fix
any breakages, its just a simplification.

>>>  http://pastebin.com/NhtAP0Re
>>
>> It looks like you have a local diff to install 'opkg' as well as
>> 'opkg-nogpg-nocurl', which breaks. Solution: remove your local diff.
>
> Thank you for answering.
>
> I'm sorry but I dont' understand what do you mean with "local diff", I'm
> using a clean OE org.openembedded.dev branch.

You have an 'opkg' package and an 'opkg-nogpg-nocurl' package. As far
as I can tell, if you had built from a clean dev tree then there would
be no 'opkg' package. Angstrom currently uses opkg-nogpg-nocurl, so
that is the only package you should have.

This indicates that you have a non clean dev tree, or have had a non
clean dev tree in the past. If you've done a build in the past with
patches applied, then you've reverted the patches, you probably need
to remove your temp dir and start the build again.

-Graham