[oe] bitbake fso-illume-image returns error on gtk+

ranjith kannikara ranjithkannikara at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 09:56:07 UTC 2010

Hi,
I am a newbie in openembedded. I tried bitbake helloworld and it worked. But
when i was running "bitbake fso-illume-image" . It returned an error that
do_compile for gtk+ failed.

The respective error log entry was

../../../../arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld:.libs/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.ver:2:
ignoring invalid character `\001' in script
and
../../../../arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld:.libs/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.ver:2:
syntax error in VERSION script

I tried googling and even asked in the irc channel #oe but dint get any
useful information.

Can any one tell me how to get this error cleared.

I ran bitbake -crebuild gtk+ also , which ran succesfully at first and when
again i run bitbate fso-illume-image it gave the same error
And now when i run bitbake -crebuild gtk+ that too shows the same error.

Regards,
Ranjith
*

*--
Ranjith Babu Kannikara
0091 9809215273
Student, Computer science and engg, GEC Thrissur...
Student developer google ( 2008 GSOC ).
http://sourceforge.net/users/kannikara
http://www.ranjithkannikara.blogspot.com/