[oe] could not include bb file even though it exists and directory included in BBPATH

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 19:15:43 UTC 2010

2010/7/26 Ossy <ossy1980 at gmx.net>

> Am 25.07.2010 22:26, schrieb Frans Meulenbroeks:
>
>> 2010/7/25 Ossy<ossy1980 at gmx.net>
>>
>>  I used kom to setup a new overlay project. Since listing the images gives
>>> all images in oe, I'm sure that bitbake has access to those bb-files. The
>>> conf/bbplayers.conf includes BBFILES to oe, too.
>>>
>>> Where may I misconfigured the setup?
>>>
>>> ossy at debian-virtual:~/buildroot/kom-dockstar$ echo $BBPATH
>>>

>>> /home/ossy/kom/openembedded/:/home/ossy/buildroot/kom-dockstar/build:/home/ossy/buildroot/kom-dockstar
>>>

>> Why do you have the last two paths ?
>>
> I used kom to setup an overlay. My current understanding is, that I can
> start up with an "empty" overlay which initially links to oe. In the future
> I will overwrite some settings and package defintions with "local" (user
> defined overlay) definitions.

I don't know kom so can't say anything about that.

> Correct me if I'm completly wrong. After reading some tutorials and
> discovering the mailinglist. I thought, defining OE_BBDIR+MYSPECIAL_BBDIR is
> a valid way.

The BBPATH itself isok, but your tmp dir should not be inside your overlay
dir.
I would expect TMPDIR to be something like /home/ossy/kom/tmp

>  ossy at debian-virtual:~/buildroot/kom-dockstar$ bitbake minimal-image
>>> NOTE: Handling BitBake files: \ (8414/8416) [99 %]ERROR: Could not
>>> include
>>> required file console-base-image.bb while parsing
>>>
>>> /home/ossy/buildroot/kom-dockstar/build/tmp/deploy/glibc/sources/MIT/console-image/
>>> console-image.bb
>>>

>> This suggests hat it is parsing a console-image.bb file which resides in
>> your tmp/deploy dir.
>> (and not the one in recipes/images).
>> No idea how it ended up there. I suggest to clean at least that file, but
>> preferably the whole tmp dir and build from scratch
>>
> Yepp. That helped: rm -r build/tmp
>

> Unfortunatly I'm still not able to create a minimal-image:
> ERROR: Task 306 (/home/ossy/kom/openembedded/recipes/stage-manager/
> stagemanager-native_0.0.1.bb, do_unpack) failed
>
> I guess the stagemanager is an essential tool and should be well tested. So
> were can I find some output which action went wrong?
> (unpacking seems not that difficult to fail...)

If stagemanager cannot unpack something is probably wrong in your source
tree.
My recipes/stage-manager has:

rans at linux-suse:~/oe/openembedded/recipes/stage-manager> ls -lR
.:
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 2 frans users 4096 Jul 21 22:13 files
-rw-r--r-- 1 frans users  626 Jul  9 15:26 stagemanager-native_0.0.1.bb

./files:
total 48
-rwxr-xr-x 1 frans users  5215 Aug 23  2009 stage-manager
-rwxr-xr-x 1 frans users 28781 Jul 21 22:13 stage-manager-ipkg
-rwxr-xr-x 1 frans users  6217 Aug 23  2009 stage-manager-ipkg-build

You should have these as well. If not that is the root of your problem.
If you have these, then probably your TMPDIR points to a nonexisting place
(e.g. if it still points to .../build/tmp and you also removed build)

The TMPDIR itself will be created if needed, but the parent dir must exist
as far as I know.

> Thanks for the help anyway!

No problem.
We all once had to start with this and face issues like the one you have.

Frans.