[oe] bitbake error on ncurses_5.4.bb C compiler cannot create executables

ranjith kannikara ranjithkannikara at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 04:14:27 UTC 2010

Hi,
I was trying to run " bitbake fso-illume-image" and it rerturned an error
that do_config on ncurses5.4.bb failed
the respective log is

Configuring NCURSES 5.4 ABI 5 (Tue Jul 27 09:32:35 IST 2010)
checking host system type... arm-oe-linux-gnueabi
checking target system type... arm-oe-linux-gnueabi
Configuring for linux-gnueabi
checking for prefix... /usr
checking for arm-oe-linux-gnueabi-gcc... arm-oe-linux-gnueabi-gcc
-march=armv4t -mtune=arm920t -mthumb-interwork -mthumb
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in
`/home/ranjith/test/build/tmp/work/armv4t-oe-linux-gnueabi/ncurses-5.4-r20.0/ncurses-5.4':
See `config.log' for more details.

and the config.log entry is

.## ----------- ##
## confdefs.h. ##
## ----------- ##

/* confdefs.h */
#define PACKAGE_NAME ""
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
#define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
#define PACKAGE_STRING ""
#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
#define PACKAGE_URL ""
#define SYSTEM_NAME "linux-gnueabi"

configure: exit 77

I tried googling and tried installing gcc newer version, buildessentials,
epenembedded-essentials, but nothign worked for me.
So can any one help me in this regard to solve this issue ,,

Regards,
Ranjith

--
Ranjith Babu Kannikara