[oe] [RFC] get rid of legacy staging

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Tue Jul 27 14:26:03 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 3:19 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks <
fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:

> PS: I think part of the problem is that most recipes do not have a
> well-defined owner who is responsible for maintaining them. I know we use
> have them  mentioned in the recipes. That had some issues, but at least it
> was more clear who felt responsible for what, and it was also more clear
> who
> to bother to fix a recipe (and it was more clear which recipes are orphaned
> or become orphaned when the maintainer leaves).

I very strongly agree with this, but there have been issues with it in the
past, due to people leaving the project, vacations, hiatus, they become a
bottleneck.  But conceptually, maintainership seems like a very good idea to
me.  If I considered myself the maintainer of a set of recipes, I'd do my
best to ensure that they're always buildable and the recipes are always up
with current conventions.  *shrug*
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com