[oe] Finishing packaged-staging (this version..)

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Tue Jul 27 23:35:37 UTC 2010

Tom Rini wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> As Koen mentioned in another thread, packaged-staging is "halfway done".
>  So, what's left to get things done good enough for now?  From my point
> of view it's:
> - Need to get binconfig scripts into the target directory
> - Need to $ORIGIN cross tools
>
> Once that's done we should have fully relocatable pstaging packages and
> at that point we can talk about how to do things better.
>
> poky currently has both of these done, and it involves killing the cross
> directory (roughly, moving it to sysroots/${HOST_OS}).
>
> Anyone see anything else needed before we can have a pstaging that's
> functional enough to use as a baseline for rework?
>
> Richard, any chance someone from your team is going to be working on
> rebasing your changes against oe.dev soon?

So, given that Khem did the above needed pulling from poky (and exposed
an issue with it that's being dealt with now), I think this version of
packaged staging is done.  I'm doing some torture builds currently, but
the only issue I can think of, at a "doesn't work" level is wrt
guile-native and I'll RFC a fix for that shortly.  Oh, and perl-native
is another story I'll RFC in a moment.

--
Tom Rini
Mentor Graphics Corporation