[oe] circular dependency when building virtual/kernel (linux_2.6.30)

Matti Kaasinen matti.kaasinen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 19:52:20 UTC 2010

Hi!
I faced with "ERROR: Unbuildable tasks were found" when building virtual/kernel
for linux_2.6.25 using at91sam overlay over org.openembedded.dev branch:

Problem seems similar to the one described in:
"Re: [oe] circular dependency when building linux_2.6.25.bb"
by Marcin Juszkiewicz <marcin <at> juszkiewicz.com.pl>

Problem was fixed by replacing ./oe_at91sam/recipes/linux/linux.inc line:
"addtask devicetree_image after do_deploy before do_package"

with line:
"addtask devicetree_image after do_install before do_package do_deploy"

found from ./org.openembedded.dev/recipes/linux/linux.inc

I hope at91sam users can find this useful when switching to OE dev branch.
Regards,
Matti