[oe] OE recipe tree quality

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl
Fri Jul 30 09:36:15 UTC 2010

Dnia piątek, 30 lipca 2010 o 11:07:32 Frans Meulenbroeks napisał(a):
> > More interesting to me would be an algorithm more like.
> >
> > while recipe in recips/*.bb; do
> >    rm -rf tmp/ ; bitbake recipe
> > done
> >
> > with the test noting if the fail is due to a blacklisted dependency, a
> > totally missing dependency (recipe been deleted sometime in past) or an
> > actual compile fail due to a missing DEPENDS entry somewhere in the tree.
> >
> > But this is going to burn CPU time like never before.

> Definitely an interesting test. Actually with packaged staging this might
> become manageble.
> I would not mind running such a test, even if it takes a week or so.

I did such ones for Poky and with packaged staging dir outside of tmpdir it
works very good. Most of time is spent on removing tmp and repopulating
it from packages.

> I guess it is hard to do this for older versions of recipes though.
> afaik bitbake -b will not build things one depends on and bitbake recipe
> will take either the pinned version or otherwise the last one a
> non-negative DEFAULT_PREFERENCE.

"bitbake recipe-version" works but you will need more work to get 'version'
part as it can contain SRCREV etc.

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/