[oe] Kerniel issue on DM6446

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 22:56:21 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 24 July 2010 17:25, saleh usman <salehusman at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Till now I was using a kernel on Dm6446 which was  cross compiled by ELDK and rootfile system is  OpenEmbedded generated . Now when I write Openembedded generated kernel to NAND flash it is not working and the log messages and u-boot environment are shown below, Where might be the problem.? Problem with ELDK compiled kernel was that it was not configured to be run OProfile.

[snip lots of boot messages]

> Root-NFS: No NFS server available, giving up.
> VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
> VFS: Cannot open root device "mt-" or unknown-block(2,0)
> Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available partitions:
> Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(2,0)

I think the bootargs are wrong as the kernel complains about 'Cannot
open root device "mt-" or unknown-block(2,0)'. Try changing U-Boot
bootargs to

setenv booargs mem=120M noinitrd console=ttyS0,115200n8
root=/dev/mtdblock2 rootfstype=jffs2

(notice: no hyphen + linebreak in root=...)

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman