[oe] Examples of srctree and gitver

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Tue Jun 1 13:36:40 UTC 2010

Ambrose, Martin wrote:
> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 14:49:32, Chris Larson wrote:
>> Aside: the way it does so is quite the hack, we need to figure out
>> a better way to manipulate the task graph like this.
 >
> Maybe that explains the problem I'm seeing with the dependency graph when using srctree.

> Then it goes straight to the configure phase without ensuring the dependencies are present.

Yes, I see similar things. I'm still on an ancient tree with
do_populate_staging(). If memory serves, the prerequisite packages are
unpacked, compiled and installed, but do_stage isn't run before the
srctree recipe's do_configure.

As long as you're not doing parallel builds it's easy enough to work
around: just put the libraries you need in your IMAGE_INSTALL before the
srctree packages.

Mike