[oe] Is Angstrom dead?

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Tue Jun 1 15:21:40 UTC 2010

On 06/01/2010 08:47 AM, Thomas Zimmermann wrote:

>>> NOTE: package cheese-2.30.1-r0: task do_configure: Failed
>>
>>    now i'm slightly confused since neither ubuntu or fedora appear to
>> have any pkgconfig info for the cheese package, so why would there be
>> a test for it that you would need to override?  or is this not
>> pkgconfig-related?
>
> It should never depend on the pkconfig files installed on your buildhost. Are
> you sure that the gstreamer package is build?

I reran my build and it passed through (no repository changes).
This particular problem seems to be a multi-threaded build (I run
with BB_NUMBER_THREADS = "4")

Sadly, the final image still does not build:

| log_check: Matched keyword: [Cannot satisfy the following dependencies]
| Collected errors:
|  * resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile /local/Angstrom_BeagleBoard/tmp/rootfs/beagleboard-linuxtag2010-demo-image/etc/device_table is different from the conffile in the new
package. The new conffile will be placed at /local/Angstrom_BeagleBoard/tmp/rootfs/b * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for angstrom-task-gnome:
|  *    encodings *     encodings *     encodings *

NOTE: package beagleboard-linuxtag2010-demo-image-1.0-r0: task do_rootfs: Failed

I don't understand this error well enough (believe me, I've
spent hours reading the various recipes and trying things)
to hazard a guess as to what this error means.