[oe] BBCLASSEXTEND canadian?

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Tue Jun 1 18:41:02 UTC 2010

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
>>> Is the -nativesdk part implicit in the anonfuncs in nativesdk.bbclass or
>>> just not merged yet?
>> It should be implicit in the anonfuncs. If that class differs to Poky,
>> the Poky changes should be merged though.

>>> I'm not so sure about that, but we'll see.  I should have some form of
>>> canadian stuff working again shortly.
>> You're unsure it would be possible to make them work of that its not
>> worth the effort?
>
> Tom?
>
> Yesterday evening i was building a pristine master reference again and
> saw that mpfr et al are (still) pretty outdated.
> AFAIR i cannot mix BBCLASSEXTEND vs. old-fashioned recipes for one
> package (didn't try if that's still true) so i'm, again, running into
> the issue of what to do with older toolchains needing that canadian
> stuff. I'm not too jazzed about the idea to touch the old toolchains
> just because i want to have current gmp/mpc/mpfr/gcc (using CLASSEXTEND
> nativesdk). So, how to proceed?

So, where things stand right now (and have stood for a while) is that
the existing canadian recipes simply don't work.  We've made them work
internally, and then moved them up to using nativesdk/etc.  That's also
been finished and the engineer in question is now working on making it
work in OE.dev.  But for now, don't let the existing canadian stuff
(which is broken) get in the way of fixing up other stuff.

--
Tom Rini
Mentor Graphics Corporation