[oe] Examples of srctree and gitver

Ambrose, Martin martin at ti.com
Wed Jun 2 21:47:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 08:36:40, Michael Smith wrote:

> Ambrose, Martin wrote:
> > On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 14:49:32, Chris Larson wrote:
> >> Aside: the way it does so is quite the hack, we need to figure out
> >> a better way to manipulate the task graph like this.
>  >
> > Maybe that explains the problem I'm seeing with the dependency graph when using srctree.
>
> > Then it goes straight to the configure phase without ensuring the dependencies are present.
>
> Yes, I see similar things. I'm still on an ancient tree with
> do_populate_staging(). If memory serves, the prerequisite packages are
> unpacked, compiled and installed, but do_stage isn't run before the
> srctree recipe's do_configure.
>
> As long as you're not doing parallel builds it's easy enough to work
> around: just put the libraries you need in your IMAGE_INSTALL before the
> srctree packages.

Thanks for the pointer. Working around for now by building the dependencies
by hand so I could get to the next problem. This being that my do_install function
is not being populated from what's in my recipe.

My recipe has

do_install() {
    oenote "RUNNING install: ${D}"
    install -d ${D}/home/root/appdir
    install -m 0755 ${S}/myapp ${D}/home/root/myapp
}

But the resultant run.do_install script generates an empty function

base_do_install() {
        :

}
do_install() {
        base_do_install

}
cd /home/user/mysrc
do_install

Looks like the .bbclass which generates the script is not happy about something
but not sure where to look to find out what I'm missing.

Regards,
Martin