[oe] AUTOREV and SRCPV

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Thu Jun 3 08:13:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 09:37 +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:
> The other is when you change SRCREV in recipe without updating PV. Then
> SRCPV will give you newer PV which will upgrade resulting package on
> target.

If it's just a question of getting the package upgraded on the target
then you can do that with PKGV; there's no need to fiddle with PV at
all.  The only case where PV is important is where you need bitbake to
realise that the package needs to be rebuilt in the first (since the
SRCREVs aren't going to be sortable), but I think that's already fixable
with strategic use of PREFERRED_VERSION and/or DEFAULT_PREFERENCE.

p.