[oe] Questions about openembedded stable branch

Anand Sivaram aspnair at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 08:09:25 UTC 2010

As I was going through the stable documentation given at
http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Stable
I had a couple of questions.

* Seems like there should have been a release "stable/2010" some time around
  March, but I could not find any mention about that release.

* OE repository contains very few tags.  Also there is no
  "year.month" tag as given by the stable branch documentation.

* Is there any testing branch (like in Debian) where relatively "stable"
  packages are moved and they eventually become stable?
  Or is it like mainline linux kernel where features are frozen, then
  do RC releases and finally the stable release?  It looks like
  origin/org.openembedded.dev is a rolling/floating place where
  packages/features are constantly getting included.

* I would like to know how the stable/2010 branch is created.

* My main objective is to find a branch/tag/version
  newer than stable/2009 and more stable than the dev main branch.

Thanks and Regards

Anand