[oe] AUTOREV and SRCPV

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Fri Jun 4 08:30:57 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 10:24 +0200, pieterg wrote:
> I probably don't know enough about the bitbake internals to see how to fix
> my problem with that, could you please point me in the right direction?
> I think in case of AUTOREV I would still need some way to automatically
> include a sortable revision count in PKGV, so the actual problem would only
> move from PV to PKGV.

That's correct: essentially it is just moving the SRCPV-equivalent thing
from PV to PKGV.  But, PKGV only needs to be evaluated during the
do_package step, not at parse time, so you only incur the cost and risk
of running git rev-list (or whatever) for packages that you are actually
building rather than for all recipes in your source tree.

p.